Thursday, May 29, 2014

The idea that was born at Disneyland California! Kids QR Code ID Bracelets - called SmartKidsID!

Now that summer break is almost here families start planning trips to Disneyland, the Zoo or other amusement parks. Parks are so much fun - endless attractions, fun things to discover and of course thousands of other families who had the same idea visiting that same park the same day! How wonderful! Now it is on you to come up with a smart idea to prevent your kids from getting separated from you! It just takes a split second - as a parent I am sure you know and have already experienced this one or two seconds of panic that makes your brain freeze...luckily most of the times the relieve when you see your child and everything is all right comes soon after..
Statistics state that the chances that you are getting separated while visiting an amusement park are as likely as 1 in 3 kids!
When we planned the a trip to Disneyland California for my sons 5th birthday I was busy preparing lunch, sun protection etc. - but forgot thinking about the safety of my kids! Police always recommends putting an ID on your child, but have you ever really thought about it? And being a busy mom I am more of a spontaneous decision maker : ) So I totally forgot about it until we came closer to the park and crowds started pushing us towards the entrance. My head started spinning and I was kind of freaking out - I was holding my daughters and son's hand really tight! - What should I do when we get separated? - How can they get back to me? How can they seek help?
By that time my daughter was 2 and not able to speak yet and my son just threw all the numbers of my phone number left and right but never in the right order. So I had to come up with a plan...The only thing I had was a pen, so I wrote my kids name and my phone number on their arm - But this wasn't very helpful for very long after applying sun screen a couple of times playing in the water, washing our hands etc. So this was definitely not the right way.
That whole day I was such a hen and didn't let my kids get off my hand - I have to say it wasn't very relaxing and thousand thoughts went through my mind already there. I had to find a way of keeping them a little safer...
 When we got home that night I started browsing the internet. I found those typical Id bracelets that you have to engrave, but then you have to get a new one every time something changes plus everybody can see your child's info and you have to wait for the bracelets to be engraved and shipped. I also saw tattoos, but the same here - it just wasn't right.
So I started thinking that night .... it needed to be something discreet so no casual onlooker could see the info, it needed to be set up fast and on the go (for moms like me who need it available right on the spot) , unlimited editing, no membership, affordable,  a helper should be able to easily access the info and I wanted to store more information than just a child's name and phone number. So many kids have medical issues so when wearing an Id bracelet this info should also accessible the same time.
I did a research and the only way to meet all these demands was using unique QR Codes. This was the perfect way!  And so SmartKidsID was born and combined everything I was looking for! 
And all you need to help a child is a smartphone - but look around  - everybody these days has a smartphone - that means that each and every one of them can help your child in a few seconds when lost!  (And I also implemented a 24/7 toll free hotline so now everyone even with a regular phone can help a child!!) Isn't this wonderful?
Since my kids are wearing SmartKidsID when we are visiting crowded places I am much more relieved. It's not that I let them go much further but now I know that they can seek help and it will not take long and we are reunited! 
SmartKidsID can do so much more... But I am going to tell you in another post later.

I hope this can also give you a peace of mind!
Sincerely
Christiana


www.SmartKidsID.com

No comments:

Post a Comment